- $50M earnings WNBA Star Sheryl
Swoopes bankrupt debts of
$750K due to vulture agent
- $10M earnings plus endorsement
millions, PGA Champion John Daly
gambled away $55M
- 17.6 million, or one in 12 adults,
in the U.S. abuse alcohol or are
chronic alcoholics according to the
estimation of National Institute
on Alcohol Abuse & Alcoholism
- 60% of NFL players are divorced
within three years after leaving
- One out of every 7 people
experience debilitating stress in
the work place.
- 43% of Americans suffer from
- Over 15% of U.S. workers report
being impaired by alcohol at work
at least one time during the past
year, and 9% of workers reported
being hung-over at work.
Frone MR. Prevalence and distribution of
alcohol use in the workplace: a U.S.
J Stud Alcohol 2006;67:147-56
click here to listen
Interview with Penny Pulz, Lou Dondero's compelling stories of World Class Athletes, Today's Top Coaches, Olympians and Sports Professionals!
Today's dilemma for the retiring professional athlete is the transition process.
- 78% of NFL players are bankrupt or serious financial stress.
- 60% to 80% of pro athletes divorce at some point in their lifetimes.
- Addiction to pain killers, steroids and alcohol are serious problems
for all sports organizations.
The transitional career demands for the professional athlete
- physical, emotional and spiritual unrest
- sense of loss
- addictive behaviors
As an athlete, you have been thinking one way for 20 plus years.
you have to change your thinking instantly.
It is like falling off a cliff and there are no familiar landmarks to see because everything is racing and nothing is making any sense to you intuitively.
Is this YOU in Transition?
- Every day you feel the conflict, do you stay and keep playing or … do you go … what will you do?
- There is no win to grind out anymore because your tank is empty.
- You over try, you know better, but the injuries are piling up.
- You are full of excuses and blame.
- You are over using coaches, give me an answer ... this has to be something very physical.
- I can figure this out ...
- You feel like your mind is on fire and about to explode.
- You are reacting from emotions, your emotions are running you.
- In this moment you have lost reality of what you can do and what you cannot do.
- If you can’t shut your mind down in the next 5 minutes you're going to explode.
- You feel like a walking nerve ending.
- Should you stay or should you go?
- How do you go? ... Where do you go?
I promise you. You can experience relief from this chaos.
There is a path to follow.
I did it and it was not complicated and overwhelming.
Combined with a little ‘kickass' ... 'grind it out' work from you
to shorten the First Steps - From Pro Sports to Business Life
you will enter your new work life facing the transition challenges
with confidence; cool and calm under fire while acquiring
new skills to become a prolific achiever once again.
Focus Expert, Penny Pulz, has this unique ... one-of-a-kind program
Penny provides absorbing content, powerful stories and focus strategies and tactics designed to match your goals and objectives. Delivered with high energy, uninhibited wit and life-changing insights all the while her message is grounded with her favorite quote; "see the simple clearly".
|Athletic Transition Coach||